I hope you will follow and enjoy this documentation of my third journey to Belize.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Count Down

OK. I thought I would start a count down to motivate me to start blogging. I'm not sure where you start counting. It's Wednesday afternoon, and I leave Monday morning. So...I'm going to say it's a five day count down.
This trip to Belize will be my longest stay yet, 26 days. I will be assisting in the supervision of 10 undergraduate students serving student teaching internships in Belize schools,  four doctoral students serving an internship, and 16 U. S. school administrators visiting the schools in Belize. The undergraduates will spend 5 1/2 weeks in Belize, the doctoral interns will spend two weeks, and the administrators will be there one week.
When people hear that I am going to Belize, they automatically think of vacation time, but this job really is hard work. There is very little down time, even on weekends. In addition to all that I mentioned, while I am in Belize I am still responsible for completing assignments in my final two doctoral classes (YES! No more classes after May 2nd!), as well as conducting research for my dissertation and collecting informaton for an article.  There is no rest for the weary, but I have to say that one can't find a much prettier environment in which to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment